Followers

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Steampunk Rose Bug with Lady B

Hi!  Lady B here to share some Steampunk Love.  I know this isn't a creepy or scary post, but since my project is within the Steampunk Genre, I decided to post it here.

I've been playing with my copics trying to learn how to render metal. I found a few tips and tricks and a few pins to help me out. Pictured below is my first project in which I used my markers to render worn, brushed metal with a bit of rust added.  Hopefully, with more practice, I will get good at this technique as I love Steampunk projects.

Forgive the watermark, but it is a necessary evil due to online theft these days.


Credits:

Copic colours:
  • ROSE: 0, C1, C3, C5, C7, E04, E97, YR00, E08 and E31. I used Titanium White DecoArt Americana paint for highlights.
  • WEB: B00, B01, B02
  • JEWEL: R32, R35, R39.  I used Titanium White DecoArt Americana paint for adding highlights.
  • BUG and JEWEL GODEN AREAS: Y11, Y15, Y17, Y38
  • BUG BRONZE AREAS: Ack! I don't remember! It looks like E43, E44, E47, E49 and E18.

Assembly:  
  • I printed my image onto Copic X-Press-It card with my Canon Pixma MX860 printer then coloured it with Copic markers. 
  • I dipped a rough bristled stencil brush into copic blending solution and pounced it on my coloured image thus removing some of the colour to give an aged metal look.  
  • I cleaned any ink spread with my Copic blending marker and touched up any areas with more ink where needed. 
  • I outlined some areas with a fine tipped black Sharpie marker and added white highlights with paint as listed above.  I highly suggest using a pigment ink such as the Copic multiliners, but my ink in those ran dry.  Sharpies are alcohol based and will smear if you go over it with your alcohol markers.  
  • I then scanned my image to my pc, removed the background, and made this digital frame scene with the digital elements listed above.  
  • All digital work was done in PSE8 as I still need to learn how to use my "Big Girl" photoshop program.

Cheers!

3 comments:

fiona henderson said...

Absolutely amazing , just beautiful

Fiona h. Xx

Deborah Frings said...

This is absolutely stunning. I really like the way you coloured the rose and sweet bug! And that frame is just fab!

Bonnie Irvine said...

This is friggin' awesome. Love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...