Followers

Saturday, December 13, 2014

CREEPMAS DAY 7 with LADY B

Welcome to Day 7 of the 12 Days of Creepmas organized by Smeared and Smudged.

If you came from Monique's blog, then you are on the right track; if not, then please visit Terra's Blog and enjoy the hop. The amazing Blogroll is also on the side bar.

Creepmas is the second best holiday of the year (after Hallowe'en) and the team has made some great projects for your viewing pleasure as we take part in this awesome hop organised by The Smeared and Smudged community. Today is Smeared Ink day and in honour of that, I (Lady B) have used stamps from the "Dark Holidaze" rubber set and the "Voodoo" rubber set designed by Rick St Dennis and sold exclusively by Smeared Ink.  Great News!  You can now buy Rick's rubber sets as digi sets and digi singles in the Smeared Ink shop!

I decided to make Domino Ornaments for my Creepmas Tree.  This was my first attempt at colouring Dominoes and it wasn't as easy as I thought it would be.  By the time I got the hang of it, I ran out of Dominoes.  I'm definitely going to play with this medium more in the future!  I just need to get some fine tipped sharpies first :).  Feel free to click on the pics below to enlarge them.






My dominoes were stamped with Jet Black Staz-On ink.  I inked the stamp and had it face up on my craft table then I carefully pressed the domino on the portion of the stamp I wanted to use.  I heat set the ink then sealed the dominoes with DecoArt Media Matte Medium.  Next I coloured  the dominoes with my Copic Markers.  I found that if you seal each layer, you can continue to add colour  without swiping off the first layer of colour applied.  I also used some DecoArt Paper Effects.  I LOVE this stuff!  It comes with an optional super fine tip for the tiniest dots and thinnest dimensional paint lines ever!  I added ribbon on the sides of my dominoes and sealed the dominoes with Diamond Glaze.  I took the pics before adding the glaze so the shine wouldn't interfere with the photos.

I will be entering my ornaments into the Smudgy Antics ATG challenge.

Cheers!
~Lady B ~

13 comments:

Monique Van dijk said...

wow these are amazing, they will look great in MY tree , LOL

DonnaMundinger said...

Gorgeous dominoes, Lady B! Thanks for the tip about sealing the layers. I've still been to chicken to try this. xxD

NanB said...

I bet Leigh is like me jumping up and down at the sight of these marvelous ornaments!! These are so lovely! First time? Looks like years of work to me!! Absolutely love them!!

DogsMom said...

Thank you for the great tips on sealing and coloring. I believe these are magnificent and should be shared all year long.

TangledBlueRose said...

LOVE these ornaments Lady B!
Amazing colors, love the stamps.
~kim

Deborah Frings said...

I do like this series of domino ornaments - great work on them all.

Sarah Bales Strom said...

These are really wonderful! You have inspired me to try stamping and coloring on dominoes!

Bonnie Irvine said...

This is the coolest idea! They turned out fabulous...such remarkable talent you have! Thanks for the inspiration, LB. Your style rocks!

Susan Renshaw said...

Totally amazing...they would look super on my tree too. Great job!

Ellis said...

Awesome dominos you have made, they look truly creepy! =)
Thank you for entering our challenge at Smudgy Antics!
Hugs, Elenor DT

Leigh S-B - The Sharpie Domino Queen said...

SQUEEEEE Lady B, you finally did it, you altered some dominoes, I'm so proud LOL ;0) They are CREEPTASTIC, you did an amazing job on your first attempts so now I look forward to you joining in some DominoART festivities in 2015...you're gonna come play with me right, don't make me hunt you down so I can twist your arm bwahahahahahaha :0)

Susan Says (Stupid Stuff) said...

Oh my, these are wonderful!

Rebecca pettit said...

wow so many different options and colors and images used. Really really wonderful job. Hope to see you at SA next month.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...