Followers

Thursday, December 11, 2014

CREEPMAS DAY 6 With Rachel

Welcome to Day 6 of the 12 Days of Creepmas organized by Smeared and Smudged.

If you came from Monique's blog, then you are on the right track; if not, then please visit Terra's Blog and enjoy the hop. The amazing Blogroll is also on the side bar.

Hello there everyone....I hope you have been enjoying all the creepmas makes so far this month both over here and over at Smeared ink!

 for my creepmas make I have decided to make a special creepmas Tag with the Rick St Dennis MFA Digital stamp called 'Creepmas Witch Tree'


I used :

copics in G99,G94, and G21 for the skin and her hat band, and N8, N9,N4 and N2 for the hair on both the witch and the shrunken head, and also the hat.
I coloured her robes using R08, YR07 and a smidgen of YR14
the shrunken head is done in E13 and 11
and the baubles , snake and hat are done in previous colours mentioned- with the exception of the purple one which is purple promarker!


I surrounded the image with a border in N2 and then set to work on the background

I cut the cardstock and the backing piece of pizza box to a tag shape, punched a hole and added a rivet

I used my memento tuxedo black ink pad , and some peacock blue and tea dye distress ink , then I spritzed the area around the image (very carefully) using a Prima Bloom spray which is soft teal in the sparkling pastel range. It adds a subtle sparkle once dry, and looks wonderful when the distress ink reacts with it!

to finish off I used a stencil and some green dimensional paint to add the circles to the tag, and when everything was nearly dry, I distressed the edges slightly and added a piece of orange ribbon.



Rachel

if you want to take a peek at any of my other creations, you will find them HERE

x







9 comments:

DogsMom said...

What beautiful colors you have chosen on your image and the great grungy background. I like how she is highlighted in white.

DonnaMundinger said...

Wow! Love the wonderful background. Really makes the image POP! Super tag and that dimensional paint is fabulous. xxD

TangledBlueRose said...

Awesome dark tag! Love the amazing background and wicked good image!~kim

Susan Says (Stupid Stuff) said...

This is fab - so deep and dark and grungy and just GLORIOUS!

Sarah Bales Strom said...

Great tag! Love the background and the way you have colored the witch!

NanB said...

You know I love that it was a pizza box! This image is awesome and such detail in the coloring! Fab background colors and spray and love the texture dots! Make such a wonderful finishing touch!!

Deborah Frings said...

Fabulous tag. I love the contrast of her bright orange dress and ribbon against the dark, tag background.

Susan Renshaw said...

What a wondeful Creepmas Witch tree - love the colours you have used! Fabulous tag!!

Leigh S-B - The Sharpie Domino Queen said...

Freaktastic! LOVE the dark and twisty grunge feel of your tag, perfect for such a fab image!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...