Followers

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

CREEPMAS DAY 2 With Croms/Helen

Welcome to Day 2 of the 12 Days of Creepmas organized by Smeared and Smudged.

If you came from Monique's blog, then you are on the right track; if not, then please visit Terra's Blog and enjoy the hop. The amazing Blogroll is also on the side bar.



Morning
Creepmas is the second best holiday of the year (after Hallowe'en) and the team have got some great projects lined up for you as we take part in this awesome hop organised by The Smeared and Smudged community. Today is Smeared Ink day and, for my first project in honour of that, I have used stamps from the Dark Holidaze rubber set, designed by Rick St Dennis.
An old tatty tray that has been sitting in my craft room for "a while" got a bit of a make-over with some deco-art paints.
 A bit of masking to incorporate 7 images. Coloured with promarkers and ink distressed with iced spruce DI
orange paint crackled with weathered wood and purple.
 The leaves were painted with aquamarine and some mica dusted over, all edges painted with copper.
All sealed with deco-page 

My second project uses digi images from Rick's Zibbet shop
A wreath to decorate a door (possibly?)
Orange and purple satin ribbons on a circle of card (cereal box) wrapped with hessian. Die cut black holly leaves and swirls

11 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

WOW, Helen! You really went to town! Fabulous masking on your tray. What a fabulous scene! And I'm really loving the colors on your Creepmas wreath. Two AMAZING projects! xxD

Deborah Frings said...

You're on a roll! I think they're both super. However, I really love the purple and orange wreath - great idea!

DogsMom said...

I have a new fab favorite with that swirly shiny wreath! I will be stealing some ideas to incorporate on my evergreen wreath.
I love the headless Santa on the mantle and all the severed heads on the tree.
So festive!

TangledBlueRose said...

Such awesome creepy goodness! Love the tray, so cool! Looks like you had tons of fun, thanks so much for sharing it all!~kim

Susan Says (Stupid Stuff) said...

Oh wow Helen, these are both WONDERFUL!

Monique Van dijk said...

wow Hlen both are great, awesome work!!

NanB said...

The project that started my interested in masking thanks to your direction:) Love this tray! Absolutely beauiful!!!

Susan Renshaw said...

Two fabulous creations! Love them both!

Sarah Bales Strom said...

Two great projects! I especially love the tray and the crackling on the sides.

Leigh S-B - The Sharpie Domino Queen said...

Two wonderfully creepy creations, love that altered tray!

Julia said...

Both projects are awesome, but I specially like the tray. Love all the images.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...