blogroll is in the side bar .
Airless Chambers is also a Cryptkeeper in the Halloween countdown 2013, for the complete list of 192 Cryptkeepers joining the countdown to Halloween, see link here
Hi Mo here, and today I made a poison bottle for you, what's Halloween without poison?? Yah see, you absolutely need one......
so first a pic and than the receipe..
A bottle (just a glass bottle any bottle will do)
Rick St. dennis digi called bottle lables (duh!!!) it's a set of 3 (1 bottle is never enough)
Deco Art products used
Dazzling Metallic paint in colour Teal
Americana Multi Surface Satin acrylics in colour Egg Plant
Elegant finish metallic paint in Medieval Gold
Metallic Lustres in Brilliant Turquoise, Majestic Purple and Iced Espesso
Deco Art Media misters in purple and shimmer mister in turquoise
Wire, a plastic skull bead, a heart shaped hat pin, a kraft tag and some rope, rhinestones
How to make a poison bottle for dummies:
1) Remove cork (make sure it doesn't get lost) and clean the bottle (I use rubbing alcohol, don't drink the stuff, if you do you will not be able to complete this project).
2) Open the jar of Texture glass and stir, the stuff is white, but the cool thing is, it dries clear.
3) Use a palette knife to apply the texture glass on the bottle, dabb the palette knife on the covered bottle to get the texture, it's easy you can do it, you'll see.
4) Let dry (I just let it stay over night to make sure the thicker parts of the texture glass are dry too, and no,.... don't touch the stuff untill the next day, cuz you'll get finger prints in the texture. You DON'T want your finger prints on a poison bottle, savvy?)
While bottle is drying
Color the digi from the bottle lable set, I used Reaper Pure Poison (why go for less if you can have the pure stuff),
Use the misters to give the tag a cool look :-) cut out the dig and glue it on the label
Add the metallic lustres (all 3 colors) on the plastic skull (rub with cloth to get more shine in between layers)
Glue the rhinestones in the skull's eyes and let dry, done for today go do something else f.i. colour a digi, enter the DT call...whatever.....
next day :-)
5) Paint the bottle using the multisurface acrylic in eggplant, and let dry.
6) Paint a layer of Dazzling metallic paint in teal (shake bottle first, the paint bottle, not the one you are altering, well you can shake that too if you want, but it doesn't affect the end result, unless you drop it, in which case you clean up the shards (carefull sharp and you don;t want your DNA all over the place), find a new bottle and start over again),
Whipe off on randome spots till you get the result as in pic above. Let dry.
7) Shake the jar of elegant finish in medieval gold (open it) and use a fan brush to apply a thin layer see pic.
Take a piece of rope and wrap it around the neck of the bottle, and attach the tag to the rope.
put the cork in the bottle
Put the hat pin through the hole in the skull bead and press it into the cork (the hat pin not the skull)
Take the wire and wrap it around the cork and the bottle end next to the cork and make a nice curl in the wire.
Done, easy peasy, now for the poison.......there are several options, it just depends on what (who) you will be using it on, I suggest to google for the right receipe, it's out there somewhere, I'm sure
hope to see you all again tomorrow enjoy the hop