Followers

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

bloody valentine day 2 with Monique

Hi all Monique here, this is my piece for the Bloody Valentine hop by Smeared Ink, on the Airless Chambers blog.

Blogroll is in the side bar.

 I made an Art Journal page using a Rick St. Dennis digi called  Vampyr Masquerade 2. I coloured the vampire using Derwent colour soft pencils. The background is a gelli print.
To make the gelli print I used DecoArt Americana Acrylics (Tomato Red, Winter Blue, Ocean Blue, Purple Pizzazz, Lemon Yellow) The letters are made using my Cricut to cut out a Vampire font. I traced the letters and painted them using Americana Acrylics Cherry Red (thought that was the best colour to look like blood lol), also used that for the little blood dripping from the Vampyrs mouth

her a pic with the paints I used, I love the way colours get mixed on the gelli plate and create new colours
here is a scan, to get a better look at the page, text says; Love sucks, I thought this waa the perfect font to use :-)

The hearts and the bloodsplatter are stamped

here a closer look of the Vampire, careful he might bite ......
thanks for looking , blogroll is in the side bar,  have fun hopping

14 comments:

applejack cards by sue said...

Hiya Mo, sorry I forgot to wish you a very Happy Birthday yesterday, I do hope you had a good day. Loving this project. Great image of course and your colouring and the background work just brilliant!

maureenjscott said...

What a fabulous page! I love the wording, the image is awesome and your colouring as always is amazing! I love the gelli print! (the other) Mo xxx

Susan Salyer said...

Love your art Mo ...but you already know that..I have to say I love the color mixture here beautifully done.
hugs
susan s

Matney said...

Monique your work is always fabulous and am in love from first bite..opps...sight. Wonderful colors, love those pencils, and great letters.

Rebecca pettit said...

I needed that cricut font. Great use of color

angiesuez said...

The coloring is great! luv the gelli print - fun fun fun!

craftings said...

Lovely piece of art!

Wendy said...

Great work Monique. Love how you colored the RSD stamp. Great sentiment and "yes" that is the perfect font!

Leigh S-B - The Sharpie Domino Queen said...

Oooo I love your j-page Mo! Gorgeous image, gorgeous background and I LOVE the font for your lettering! Wicked Cool!!!!

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

what can I say that hasn't already been said? Just love it ! xxx

Lisa häll said...

beautiful page! awesome job :) xx

DonnaMundinger said...

FABULOUS page, Mo! Great background and sentiment and your coloring ROCKS! xxD

SAMARA said...

just fantastic!!! i love this. The image is fantastic - the coloring so rich. you have the most intricate images yet seem to have such a knack with coloring them brilliantly. The entire piece is just stellar! hugzz samara xox

ike said...

FABULOUS page Mo - gorgeous colouring on the image and I LUV the background. xoxox

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...