Followers

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

31 days of Halloween day 2 with Helen

Welcome to day 2 of the 31 days of Halloween organized by Smeared and Smudged,
blogroll is in the side bar. You will have arrived from the talented Karen if you are following the blogroll order.

Airless Chambers is also a Cryptkeeper in the Halloween countdown 2013, for the complete list of 192 Cryptkeepers joining the countdown to Halloween, see link here

Today's offering is an altered candle holder.
I really should consider the finished pics when dreaming up these projects, shouldn't I! This one is a real so-and-so to get a decent picture. It looks good in real life.
The images used were Madame Macabre, Graveyard Phantom Rest and an archway from the Smeared Ink Haunted Places Rubber set that I am fortunate to have a bit early.
They were coloured first with promarkers before scanning ready for printing onto the transfer film.














The finished shade


I tried two different coloured candles, lit and unlit and these are the best I could get I'm afraid.
I hope you won't hold it against me.  Thank you for looking.

Next on the blogroll is Jane, off you pop and see her wonderful project for today.

28 comments:

Ellis said...

I like your candleholders adn the scenes! =) The second is scary!
Hugs, Elenor

Rick St. Dennis said...

SPOOOOOOOKY

ldfdesign said...

So lovely! I agree, the second picture does look scarier.

DonnaMundinger said...

I'll say it's spooky! Especially with the red candle. Fabulous, Helen! xxD

Matney said...

I wonder if you took a pic outside or had a bright light behind...Anyway just happy to have some pics of these. Awesome and love your creative take on these Helen.

DogsMom said...

I am seeing so much on this hop that I was unaware of before.

Kelli said...

This is great!!! Left an idea of how to take pictures on Helen's blog!! Love the project though!

craftings said...

Great project!!

Caffeinated Joe said...

Interesting idea!

Leigh S-B - The Sharpie Domino Queen said...

Fangtastic creation! Awesomely done and I'm sure looks divine in the dark...sometimes trying to capture those things sucks I know ;0)

monique said...

awesome candle holder

ionabunny said...

Spoooooky

Lyneen said...

Love all of your images for the candle!!!

Sharon Sahl said...

Very inspiring - the stamps are gorgeous and your project rocks!

Melodee Isaacs said...

Such great art!!

Wendy said...

Awesome work Helen...

Carla said...

I can see I need to add some more fabby images to my wish list....love your style!

Emily Thubbron said...

Another chance to see this amazing candle holder. I am in love with it! Fantastic job.

KC said...

I just saw this on Helen's blog and I just don't get tired of seeing it...so cool! way to go!

Steph said...

Definitely worth a second look, FAB project!

maureenjscott said...

Love the altered candle holder! Helen is so talented! Love it x

Kristen said...

great project Helen!

nichtniedlich said...

Spooky and lovely at once! *thumbsup*
hugs serafeena

silvia said...

Cool lantern!!

applejack cards by sue said...

Brilliant keepsake...this should not be hidden away, it deserves pride of place.

Kristina said...

Great job Helen!

Jessica Baldwin said...

So spooky and fab-u-lous!!!!

Aletha J. Williams said...

Great candle holder. Love everything about it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...