Followers

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Inferno and a background tutorial!

Hello Everyone!
I'm sharing today a very simple technique for creating backgrounds using acrylic paints and plastic wrap. Many crafters use this technique, but I am sharing how I do it, and hope that you will try it.
Supplies:
  • watercolor paper
  • acrylic paints
  • water
  • paintbrushes
  • plastic wrap
  • small mixing container

Procedure:
  • Pour some acrylic paint into the container and add water.
  • Mix well. For this project I thinned down the paint a lot, wanted the colors to be translucent.
  • Add the diluted paints randomly to the paper.
  • Place the plastic wrap over the paint . Squeeze and move it around creating folds as you go.
  • Leave the plastic wrap over the paper and set aside to dry, approximately 24 hours. Here is where you have to be patient.
  • Once completely dry, remove the plastic wrap.
  • Optional: add some shimmer with Perfect Pearls Mist.
I used the background for a fat page featuring one of Rick's images called Inferno
You can find additional details on this project on my Blog.
Hope you liked the tutorial and have fun creating.
Love,
Julia

8 comments:

Matney said...

Julia, what a great way to make a totally unique background. Thank you so much for sharing and your time to post this. Will be sure to try soon! TY again, s.

monique said...

That's awesome

Creepy Glowbugg said...

I will be trying this today!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Aletha J. Williams said...

This is really awesome! I love your colors. Thanks for this great tutorial. These help me get out of my comfort zone.
Hugs,
Aletha Jane

Suzi McKenzie said...

Wicked background, you've created I'll have to give that technique a go, looks like fun.
Love your finished Fat page :)
Awesome work
hugs
Suzi
xxx

Carla said...

What a cool project! I need to try this!

Ajascha said...

Welch eine tolle Technik. Es kommen so interessante Farben dabei heraus und dein Werk ist einfach wunderschön gestaltet.
Liebe Grüße, Anja

Kristina said...

OMG Julia this is so very cool! Thank you for sharing! It made a wonderful BG!!!
Peace,
Kristy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...