Followers

Monday, May 13, 2013

An Inky Tutorial by MIRANDA




Hi everyone, today I have a little tutorial for you using a lot of ink, stamps and template.

I just love making my own backgrounds, I really enjoy that a lot. Today I show how to make a background with stamps, lots of ink and TCW templates. 


Pick some colours you like and spritz them on some heavy cardstock. Spritz some extra water to let the colours blend. 



For the 1st layer I used a template and some water. Dylusions ink is reactive with water. 



The water gives a bleachy effect , quite subtle but I like it lot. 



Pick some templates and use the same colours as in the background and add an extra colour, I picked black. 


Spritz at app. 20 cm from your paper. 


On top of the template there is still a lot of ink left, we will use that as well, no waste of lovely inky goodies.


Flip your template and press it in to the paper with a kitchenroll.


Here you can see both prints, in the left top corner the positive print of the template and in the right bottom corner a negative print.


For the finishing touch I used some white ink as well. 


And this is the result after using the inks and templates.


Now I will add some stamps. I use waterproof ink and I don't use a stampblock, cause I want a grungy effect instead of a neat and crisp print. 


Result after using some stamps.


I thought the the background could do with some more white, so I stamped with gesso. Clean your stamps thoroughly directly after using the gesso, when dry the paint will ruin your stamp. 


Nowadays I collect bottlecaps in all sizes, you can use these as a circlestamp, so cool. 


I will finish my page using STREGA a fabulous image by Rick St Dennis and available in the shop HERE.


FINISHED PAGE


I added some pieces of bookpaper, edges coloured with distressink. The quote was found on the internet and is handwritten with sharpies and poscapens. 

hope you liked my little tutorial
if you have any questions, leave me a comment or pop me an email at
macbosch@ planet. nl
have a fabulous day

hugs

12 comments:

Ellis said...

Fabulous background you created, love how you used all the templates and stamps, neat writing to finish it off and Strega looks perfect on it! =)
Hugs, Elenor

Andrea C said...

Brilliant tutorial and fabulous work x

Carla said...

love this... I just got some of the spray inks...may have to give it a go!

Love crafts forever said...

supper tutorial, thanks for sharing.
Hugs Nat

Alison said...

Awesome tutorial. I just love your background. I haven't worked with that brand of spray yet...I really must try it. Love your idea of using bottle caps as stamps too!

Suzi McKenzie said...

Absolutely stunning work, you make it look so simple.
Wonderful tutorial, love the effects you achieve.
I adore your finished piece, your background is perfect for Rick's awesome image, and I love how you've done you sentiment. Very Cool.
Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us
hugs
Suzi
xxx

Rick St. Dennis said...

Fabulosity of the highest order-Thanks for this....you rock

Creepy Glowbugg said...

Thanks so much for sharing your techniques and tips with us. I am so inspired to get inky now! Gorgeous work.

Aletha J. Williams said...

I love to watch you work. This is a fantastic tutorial. You did Rick's image justice. Thanks for sharing.
Hugs,
Aletha

monique said...

Great tut. And love the page you made

Awesome colours

Sharon Sahl said...

Awesome tutorial! Thanks for sharing!

Kristina said...

Miranda,
Thanks so much for showing how you made your back ground and for the tips on the spry inks. I enjoyed your tut! I love how your colored STREGA, blue w/ purple hair! Excellent job you have done here!
Peace,
Kristy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...