Followers

Friday, May 3, 2013

Altered scrabble tile

You all know how much I love Halloween, so when I see an opportunity to make anything Halloween themed, I am in, this month it's the 15 days of Half o ween on Domino Art blog, you can find all details here.

This one is all about game pieces and of course Halloween, I decided to go real small and alter a scrabble tile and make a pendant out of it. I also made a matching jewelry box to keep it in.

I used a Rick St. Dennis image called STREGA,  printed it our normal size and coloured it, then scanned the image and printed it scrabble tile sized. I used glossy accents to glue it on the tile and covered it with the glossy accents to protect, then  added some glitter just for fun. The same image is used on the jewelry box , the bats on the box are a rubber stamp which is coloured using distress ink.to finish I put on some glitter glue


here the pics:


 and a closer look



on the inside there is also an image of STREGA

on the back side of the pendant you can still see the letter, I covered it with glitter embossing powder and glossy accents

  I added a ruler to the pic so you can see the size of the box and pendant


Hope you like it, and  please check out the Domino Art blog for more Halloween posts this month


If you have any questions you can contact me here

7 comments:

Creepy Glowbugg said...

Brilliant! LOVE the Scrabble tile and the box is a gift in itself. Fabulous work, Monique.

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

absolutely beautiful!!!!

Rosita said...

SUPER GAAF !!!!

Groetjes Rosita

Ellis said...

Fabulous creation, I soo need to get my hand on some tiles! =)
Hugs, Elenor

Penny said...

So very clever! Love it! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Kristina said...

Fabulous box!! And guess what? Well I hit the GoodWill and I found Scrabble pieces, I was so excited!! This was the day before and your project reminded me of it. I love all of your art pieces here!! Brilliant!
Peace,
Kristy

Aletha J. Williams said...

I love this Mo! Great job too.!
Hugs,
Aletha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...