Followers

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Altered Chess Piece


This is a piece for the 15 days of Half o ween, see the Domino Art blog( this will be there on may 23 rd )   for more info.

I have altered a giant chess piece (Tower), I  had this lying around for ages to "do something with it sometime", and it's perfect for the 15 days of half o ween, because we have to use game pieces.

I added all kinds of stuff, if you look close you will find all kinds of gamepieces
on it. There are dominos (1 altered with a Rick St. Dennis digi) and scrable tiles, tarot cards   (i collect those, these are Rider Waite Tarot cards) and there is also  a bingo number.

I blinged the chess piece up  a bit by using rhinestones and glitter , the Count draco digi is a Rick St. Dennis image and the Raven is also a RSD image. The vampires are not available anymore but there are a lot of other creepy images in the Crypt part of the Etsy.

The roses are made using Tim Holz and Marianne Design dies, the tombstones is a Tim Holtz die, and  the  pumpkins and the skulie are plastic.





If you have any questions regarding this post, please email me here

O and some exiting news for you, there is an awesome skull rubber stamp set by Rick St. Dennis for sale here

7 comments:

Ellis said...

Fabulous chess piece you have altered, how big is it? I like all the decorations and you really got into the game details too! =)
Hugs, Elenor

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW this is brilliant, what a stunning piece, Love all the different bits and pieces you have popped on it, I have Rider Waite Cards too. They are brilliant artworks :) Love Hazelxox

monique said...

Elenor

it's 7 inches and a bit

Kristina said...

My first impression when I saw your project Mo, was Holly Shit!!! Sorry for cursing but Damn Girl, this altered chess piece so F'n ROCKS! OMG! I Love this, you did some awesome work on this project, and it turned out divine! I Love every thing about it! All your embllies! Of course your coloring skills are off the chain! Love the tiny Tarot cards, where ever did you find tiny Tarot cards?
Peace,
Kristy

Rick St. Dennis said...

awesome fabulosity-I think your real strength may be in sculpture and assemblage-this is spectacular

DonnaMundinger said...

FABULOUS! So much detail. Love every little bit and I keep seeing more the longer I look. xxD

monique said...

thanks Kristy

you can find the tiny tarot here

http://www.bol.com/nl/p/tiny-tarot-key-chain/1001004001573899/

it's universal waite wich has much nicer colours then the original Raider White cards

love
Monique

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...