Followers

Monday, April 15, 2013

Notebook revamp

Greetings! 
Creepy Glowbugg here, to share a little project I made using
one of Rick's awesome digital images.

I began by coloring the versatile Skull with Roses image with 
Copics. I cut it out using a circle Spellbinders die, and then I
added some Crackle Accents, by Ranger. Once the crackle had 
cracked and dried, I added some walnut Distress Ink to help the 
crackle effect appear more aged. 

My unsuspecting victim, the notebook. 
It has post it notes and a blank note pad inside,along with a 
little pen. Perfect for a purse or book bag.

I adhered some diamond design paper to the front cover and 
to the pen. I aged the paper with more walnut ink, but left 
the pen un-inked for fear that the ink would come off on your 
hands when using it. I tied some cool, barbed wire ribbon 
to the side and added the aged and crackled Skull with  Roses
image in the center. Easy peasy. Simple, yet effective.

Drop by Rick's Etsy shop to see all of the wonderfully wicked,
and beautifully mainstream images he has to choose from.

Any questions? PLease email me directly at 
glowreahhh at gmail dot com.  
  



9 comments:

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh this is super, what a great creation, Love Hazelxo

Rick St. Dennis said...

This little notebook is a great idea for office gifts and with my new collection of skulls and dragons you could make projects for just about everyone---Thanks GLOW for sharing

monique said...

Love this notebook glo. Looks awesome

Jenn Borjeson said...

Totally freaking awesome, Glo. Your distressing is just perfect. Love it.

Ellis said...

I love your "new" notebook, great with the crackle accent and the distress ink, looks perfect! =)
Hugs, Elenor

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

Stunning and would make a fabulous gift to a work colleague as Rick said. xxx

Penny said...

Oh, so fabulous--love the crackled effect, too! :^)
Hugs, Penny

DonnaMundinger said...

Gorgeous, Glo! Especially love the crackle effect. Great gifty idea. xxD

Miranda said...

really supercool notebook, love it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...