Followers

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Make your own patterned back ground paper

Remember Inferno, well here is his girl friend LOL


 
When Rick drew Inferno he made some more devils, and when I asked if there by any chance  also would be a she-devil in this series, I got this one. LOL.
 
I didn't have time to colour her then, but today I finished colouring her and decided to make a card out of her.
The problem was I did not have matching background paper, which is a problem more often. So what I did was create my own.
 
 
It's not very hard to do, here is how .
 
Just take a piece of white card stock and a stamp that fits the theme you want to use.
In this case I thought skullies would look nice and that's why I used my rubber skull stamp and Timber Brown Stazon ink (I think Archival ink does a lot better job for rubber stamping, but didn't have that in brown). Stamp the skulls next to each other and let the impressions get of the paper on the edges. This will look much better than staying between the edges of the paper. See pic
 
 
Then use distress ink and an ink tool to colour the paper

 
Because I wanted the colours to be the same as I used to colour the digi,  I had to do some thinking of where what should be, cause the body and head of the she devil is
almost  the same colour as the Victorian Velvet distress and the wings are the same as the Walnut Stain (yes I changed Vintage Photo for walnut stain). Thats why i added more Walnut Stain behind where the body and head would be and some more Victorian
Velvet where the wings would be.



when I liked the result I glued the digi to the bg paper
 
I am not that good in fussy cutting and there will always be some white that shows after cutting, as you can see in pic above.
that's why I take a black colouring pencil and trace around the digi, colouring the white spots black and the black line around the image makes it pop more from the bg.
see pic below with black line around the image.
 
I think this is a very easy way to create any background paper you need.
 
Inferno's girl friend is called "Hell hath no fury" and I don't know if she is in the shop all ready, but I am sure Rick will let you know where to find her.
 
If you have questions you can contact me here
 

5 comments:

Hazel (Didos) said...

Fab Tut, Thanks for sharing and the brill image!! Love Hazelxo

Rick St. Dennis said...

No plans for this image at this time maybe closer to Halloween---great job Monique-love the colours

Ellis said...

Great coloring of the girlfriend and perfect backgroundpaper you made! =)
Hugs, Elenor

Penny said...

In a word--FABULOUS! :^)
Hugs, Penny

DonnaMundinger said...

FAbulous work on the background and I ADORE the image. xxD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...