Followers

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Bats in the belfry, or turret, as the case may be

Creepy Glowbugg here to share a card I made using Rick's gorgeous
A dear friend of mine recently moved into a 7000 square foot home.
Yes, that does say, "seven thousand square feet". It's an obnoxiously huge home,
but it's beautiful. I joked with her about it being a castle, and I knew that
the Morgana's Castle image was the perfect image for the
"congrats on your new pad" card, I was planning to make.

Morgana's Castle Scene Digi

First she tells me that every evening at dusk, they watch the bats fly out from
the back of their property, and out for their nightly feedings.
"They're so cute!" she texts me, one night.
The next night I get a text that only reads: "BAT IN THE HOUSE!"
Not so cute now, are they? Ha!
So I modified the original image to reflect her little encounter with nature.

I have a few random bat stamps, so I added the bats flying from the 
roof of the castle. It's a lovely image, even without the addition of the bats.

After coloring everything with Copics, I added a Memorybox die cut and 
a Stampin' Up sentiment, punched with a SU oval punch.
My friend loved her card!

Drop by Rick's Etsy shop to see all of his gorgeously mainstream 
and wonderfully strange alternative images he has available. 
There is one for every possible occasion!

Thanks for dropping by today. If you have any questions please email me at:
glowreahhh(at)gmail(dot)com.



      

7 comments:

Rick St. Dennis said...

very cool-thanks Glow

Penny said...

Very funny! Love the addition of the bats! Love the image, coloring, and design, too! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Aletha J. Williams said...

Fabulous, Glo! Love it, and the bats added the final touch.

Laura B said...

Ooh, I love it! Gorgeous image, and gorgeous card!:)

monique said...

love it !!!!

DonnaMundinger said...

Fabulous, Glo! Lovin' the spooky colors. That's some house your friend has and this image is perfect. xxD

~Lady B~ said...

Awesome card, Glo!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...