Followers

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Creepmas BLog hop Day 3, Monday

Congrads to Caroline our daily winner from yesterday-she won the 2 Randi Dandi images and the creepmas snowman greeting digi.
Hope you are having fun and enjoying all the creepy wonderful projects and posts-there will be lots today since its a "ON" day at Smeared and Smudged as well as ours and the official Creepmas hop...so much to see and take inspiration from.
I am still undecided as I sit her today about which Image to roll out for you???
Especially since I have Santa, Snowman and Reindeer over on my regular blog.
So maybe a little something ANgelic?

This is Creepmas Angel BUTCH-he has an attitude and a slight whiff of sulpher about him.
You will notice when you look at the sample image in the Etsy shoppe he was drawn with a somewhat raggedy halo. Check it out HERE.
It's a bit hard to fussy cut and I actually goofed when Iprinted the digi and lost part of the halo so I just made him a gold paper and rhinestone one on the card-I do think the Tatty one is more interesting however.
Butch is once again coloured with Spectrum Noir pens in warm tans and yellow, flesh tones and some greys for shading-his hair is mostly from the Golden Brown Palatte.
I think its sort of a cute image for a boy/male card-I like his big old dumb feet and the spiders in his armpits-I know teenagers like that...LOL
Anyway, I had done him up in pale flesh tones and then decided he needed to be more creepy to I just toned him with greens (LG 1 thru 5) and also gave him a washover with CT 1 and 2 yellows-I like the effects-sort of billious and sickish---I love layering with the Spectrum Noirs-the colours are clean and the transparency is such that one can get a really good graphic novel or animation feel by suing layering techniques.
I am also getting used to the lifting qualityin the lighter pens-when you glaze a darker colour part of the effect is tolift some of the pigment and that helpsthe blend but in my case it also helps make a change of mind much easier when one is working in pastel tones especially.
Have fun today, find that prize image and we'll see you tomorrow with lots of new creepiness to share.

20 comments:

Creepy Glowbugg said...

Ack!!!! Love this creepy cherub!!! I also really like the pallor you gave him. Very nice.

DonnaMundinger said...

Yikes! That's one creepy angel Rick! Love your colors here and I must say, the spider webs in the armpits are my favorite part. Been awhile since he's seen any deoderant, eh? Too funny! Love it! xxD

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

Oh this is adorable - in a real boyish way. Yep - I know a few like that. You really are a wonder in that you have picked up the use of your SNs so quickly xx

DonnaMundinger said...

Yea! I found the new Creepmas Prezzies image on Donna's Blog. http://smileycrafter.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/day-3-blog-hop.html xxD

Caroline said...

I'm so happy to won the 2nd day of Creepmas! Thanks a lot! It's a lot of fun.
Today the new digi is on Donna's Blog: http://smileycrafter.blogspot.co.uk/
What a funny digi this is! Made me smile.
And I love your new digi from today Rick. Aspecially his cobwebs under his arms! Lol. Greetings, Caroline

Rick St. Dennis said...

Congrads Donna you are today's winner so you will recv the prezzies image and Butch the angel-email me as usual to collect your prize.

Rick St. Dennis said...

Sorry you missed today by one spot Caroline-be sure to email me at rickstdennis@yahoo.com to claim yesterdays prize.

Caroline said...

Hahaha ... Thanks Rick. Oaw .. ok, you cannot win al the time ... (huh .. did I say that, what the ...)
Congrats to Donna and have fun with the pile of Gifts!

Ellis said...

Wow, Butch looks amazing! =)
Donna, you are really fast, I just got on the blog, guess I have to be awake earlier for the chase! =)
Hugs, Elenor

Ellis said...

Just a question, I don't know all the images by sight from the store, so how are we supposed to know wich one is new ion the blogs, do they give a hint or?
Hugs, Elenor

Vicky F. AKA Crafting Vicky said...

awesome new image really creepy looking angel!

silvergran said...

Thoroughly enjoying the creepmas concept! Fab idea!! Creepy, scary with a whiff of sulfur hehehe!

Love crafts forever said...

What a cool image and coloring. You are really awesome on colors.
Hugs Nat

Sharon Sahl said...

Oh, I am loving this new image and you are getting superb results from those pens!!! It is so much fun to see your colorings of the images - the mind of the creator opens up and shares his vision!

DonnaMundinger said...

Yea! sooo excited! Thanks, Rick. xxD

Miranda said...

love this angelic boy, he's very cool, fab colouring
hugs
Miranda

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ok I went Ahhhh!! Dont think thats meant to be the reaction with Creepmas, hes such a cutie. Love what you have done with him. This is so much fun, Im having a blast every day seeing all the new stuff, Love Hx

monique said...

he's cute, love your colouring, looks awesome and fun to read you have trouble fuzzycutting sometimes too LOL

~Lady B~ said...

Awesome image, Rick! I would love to spend a day inside of your head and watch the magic happen!

Aletha J. Williams said...

Love Butch! Not only am I enjoy your talent, but seeing your progression with you markers. I am so thrilled that you are enjoying your coloring. Just awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...