Followers

Friday, November 30, 2012

Starting off with a FREEBIE

WELCOME to our first annual CREEPMAS blog hop with the Rick St dennis EDT team.
It seemed like we had forever from when we started talking about doing this till now but any crafter knows how those hours fly by when you're getting ready for a huge project like this one-13 days of projects.
There's more of course but lets start out with my roll out for today-I decided since it's Freebie Saturday (first Saturday of the month) I would welcome you with a free image and its ONLY for one day so be sure and grab it while you can.
My tribute to the creepiness of New Years Eve (which I think is truly the worst holiday of the year)----and it's gonna be 2013 how cool is that??? Only one 13 in a century so nice to have it coincide with our 13 day hop. SORRY the FREEBIE is OVER
I am so proud that I have my own sample to show you using this image!!! Yes indeedy yours truly got his own set of Spectrum Noir pens, printed out the image on Seth Cole Vellum Sketch 68lb stock and then crafted this project using my various stash items just for this hop-AND I have a new project (or two) for each day.

I used just about every flesh colour, corals, blues and greys and some yellows and tans for this tag-what I did was purchase the 24 pen sets (there are 4 of them) and so thats what I used for the projects-I sure felt the holes so I now have a full set of Spectrum Noir pens that I am slowly learning to use-My inclination is to just use them like water colours or any marker but the possibilities of the blending and so on with the alcohol inks has me fascinated so I am TRYING to learn to colour the way their Tutorials tell you to but I am resisiting so I will probably never pass their certification program.
Hazel Thomson from my EDT is certified with Spectrum Noir pens and has done at least one Tutorial for them.
I had passed out thge 2013 image to the design team early so here is a coloured sample from Gloria that is very differant from mine!

Also today we are having a contest with this image on my Facebook fan site "rick st dennis digi fans and friends" So I am expecting to see all sorts of variations of this image...
Don't forget the daily contest-somewhere in the blog hop there is a new image that just rolled out today when you find it post on that blog and then rush back here and post what the image is and where you found the new image-you must be first on BOTH blogs to post in order to win the image-on future days you will also win the new image from MY blog-yes there are 2 images per day being rolled out but today everyone is a winner because of the free image.
We appreciate comments so much so there may also be a prize at the end of the blog hop on the 14th for the person that left the most or the best comments throughout the hop.
Thanks to Lady B who wrote out the code so I could have the blog roll in the side bar over there----------------------------------------------------------------->>>>>
And be sure you also visit the 12 days of Creepmas Blog Hop on Smeared and Smudged and the 13 days of Creepmas blog hop on the official Creepmas blog-there are handy badge links on the side bar for both blogs!
From here you hop on to GLORIA's blog so enjoy the wonderful creepmas creations and good luck on all the fun and festive contests---CLICK HERE

28 comments:

Mandy Chilvers said...

brilliant Rick, love the freebie... I can use this on my creepmas countdown. thanks.
I must admit I used to love new years eve now I just go to bed the usual time and wake up to a new year.

Rick St. Dennis said...

Thanks Mandy-I like to be in bed eaely and up for the rose parade preferably with some lovely warm cinnamon rolls-the best part of New Years

Cindy John 3:16 stampartistry.blogspot.com said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
DonnaMundinger said...

Great image, Rick! New Year's Eve is my hubby's birthday so the whole world celebrates with him. Sometimes we party big time, sometimes its a private celebration. Always fun, though. Thanks for the freebie. I already had a preview from the newsletter. So fun! xxD

DonnaMundinger said...

Am I reading this right? Is there another new image? I'm hoping so, 'cause that steampunk bird on Sharon's blog is fabulous. xxD (Any chance you could get rid of word verification, Rick? It's giving me fits!) xxD

Vicky F. AKA Crafting Vicky said...

Wow just love how you have done with this image. Love how you have colored him up!!!

DonnaMundinger said...

OOOps! Just me again. Thought you'd like to know that Nataliya's link on the sidebar isn't working. I'll let Lady B know. Got there through the Sparkle and Glitter Blog but... xxD

Vicky F. AKA Crafting Vicky said...

hmmm I think I might have found an image that I think is new over on
http://smileycrafter.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/day-1-of-creepmas-blog-hop.html#comment-form
Don't remember seeing this cute in your shop...

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW I love your 2013 Wee Man, hes a sweetie, Love how you coloured him.
Love Hazelxo

Vicky F. AKA Crafting Vicky said...

It's a little elf with a fishing pole and a present at the end.

And I was trying to write before that I don't remember seeing that cute one in your shop when I went crazy last week lol

Love crafts forever said...

Very nice coloring Rick. Love it!!!
hugs Nat

Deonna Bemish said...

Great 2013 Baby! thank you!

~Lady B~ said...

Rick, I updated the code for the sidebar as Nat's and Donna's links were not working. Please update as soon as you see this message. I added the new code to the yahoo page. Your colouring is beyond amazing, Rick! If only I lived closer you could teach me how to blend colors like you do :) I can't wait to see what you have lined up for tomorrow :D

Miranda said...

absolutely fantastic card Rick, so cool
hugs
Miranda

In paper heaven said...

Awesome image!! What a fabulous way to start a blog hop. Thank you.

DonnaMundinger said...

Since you're sort of a stickler on rules, here's one more post. I think the Steampunk Bird on Sharon's blog is the new image for today. (Just in case I wasn't specific enough above. LOL)
http://sharonsahl.blogspot.com/2012/12/rick-st-dennis-13-days-of-creepmas-day-1.html
xxD

Sharon Sahl said...

Gosh, I thought I did this early this morning but guess not. Your realistic take on coloring the creepy new years baby is great. My hubby suggested we all move to CA so we could all post simultaneously but Lady B's got another good reason - to pick your brain clean. Zombielike of me to say that!

Julia said...

Thanks for the freebie.
Your tag is gorgeous, love the coloring. Gloria did a fab job coloring the image, it looks so different.
I think that the new image (fishing elf) is on Donna's Blog: http://smileycrafter.blogspot.com/2012/12/day-1-of-creepmas-blog-hop.html?showComment=1354383502339#c8271263450022181805.
Hugs,
Julia

Rick St. Dennis said...

DONE! Thanks for letting me know it was on-I thought I had dumped it

Rick St. Dennis said...

Thanks for the dishing elf guesses but Donna showed that image on Facebook awhile back-its an exclsuive image I did for her to use for a client card-Bonnie has the correct answer but I dont see it posted here on MY blog so I am confused

Creepy Glowbugg said...

YUCK!!!!! is a good thing around here right? Love that little freak and how you colored him!!

monique said...

Love the colouring it's gorgeous, great tag too. That image is so funny

Vicky F. AKA Crafting Vicky said...

Since my previous guess was wrong I would guess this one then Alice digi with a wrapped rabbit which can be found here http://phoebekattebeest.blogspot.ca/2012/12/creepmas-day-1.html?showComment=1354391682358

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

Rick, I love your colouring of this fab little freebie you're giving away. I got half way though one and dropped a pen on his nose lmao. Back to square 1. xxx

Caroline said...

Thanks a lot for the freebie Rick! And the coloring is fabulous! If you also will sell a bunch of time in your Etsy shop, I will hopefully have the time to color them all! Lol!!! Greetings, Caroline

Caroline said...

I think the new digi is Alice with her present on Monique's Blog: http://phoebekattebeest.blogspot.nl/
She is great! Greetings, Caroline

Pauline said...

I love the tag! I think he looks like how I felt after some New Years celebrations in my youth! LOL

Andrea C said...

That tag is amazing! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...